The Financial Analyst will be responsible for review of annual and quarterly financial statements and related supplement filings and maintenance of the Insurer Profile Summary (IPS) in accordance with procedures and processes developed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ (NAIC) Financial Analysis Handbook, Examination Resources, LLC (ER) and contracting states.
- Oversee work streams for assigned companies; maintain project schedule.
- Ensure accurate and organized work papers are prepared in accordance with the instructions provided in the NAIC Financial Analysis Handbook and procedures of state and federal government, as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with the NAIC Accreditation Program Manual.
- Review annual and quarterly financial statements and all related supplemental filings to assess and monitor the financial condition and prospective solvency risks for assigned insurers.
- Provide input to financial examiners as part of the risk-focused framework.
- Obtain continuing education, as required, for all credentials and designations.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
Strong knowledge of and experience with the NAIC’s Risk-Focused Analysis Framework.
- Five+ years regulatory experience.
- AFE or CFE designation.
- Prior financial analysis experience or financial examination experience.
- Extensive experience with examination software TeamMate.
- College degree, or equivalent experience required: in-depth knowledge of standards and processes in the NAIC’s Financial Analysis Handbook and/or the NAIC’s Financial Condition Examiners Handbook
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- CPA or other insurance industry designations.
Who Should Apply:
- Senior Analyst or Examiners
Resume Submission Information:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to email@example.com.
- Current resume.
- A detailed letter of interest describing your skills and experience as they relate to the qualifications outlined in this job announcement.
The Right Fit:
Join a dynamic group of insurance regulatory consultants with a mission of protecting consumers. This role is predominantly remote but limited travel may be required. This position will require an ability to work both very independently and as a team player; your communication style is curious, candid, and direct; you have a sense of urgency and will act promptly to respond to issues that arise and deadlines that change, and; you enjoy finding opportunities to create efficiencies to ensure the best delivery of services to our customers.
#insurance #EIC #analyst #financialanalysis #analysis #compliance #ER #NAIC #remote #CFE #AFE #examiner #CPA