We are looking for a highly motivated individual, who values work- life balance and steady work (no busy season) to join our team as an IT Specialist. As a member of our team, you will gain experience in several phases of the audit process, from planning to reporting. You will help develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients, assess clients’ satisfaction, demonstrate proficiency with auditing concepts, and apply them to ongoing jobs. A successful IT Specialist will effectively communicate with the client and internal management.
The IT Specialist will ensure the successful completion of comprehensive and targeted Information Technology Examinations in accordance with the procedures and processes developed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Financial Condition Examiners Handbook, ER, contracting states, and the federal government, as applicable.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and evaluate IT systems and the mitigation of IT-related business risks across the insurance industry (property & casualty, life & health, etc.).
- Assist in all aspects of audits, including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, draft report review, and follow-up.
- Audit and design test procedures for IT controls across a range of areas/technologies (e.g., IT General Controls, application controls, system implementations, cybersecurity, privacy, database management systems, operating systems, ERPs).
- Document audit work papers, results, and reports with minimal intervention from management.
- Complete assignments in an efficient manner while ensuring high quality is maintained.
- Perform audit work in accordance with firm methodologies and professional standards.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, remote team environment.
- Demonstrate and maintain technical competency in audit, compliance, and security areas.
- Continue to learn from daily job experience and the study of audit standards, procedures, tools, and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other relevant field is required.
- Completion of or actively pursuing completion of the CISA and / or CISSP certifications.
- Understanding and experience with reviewing SOC 1 / SOC 2, HITRUST, and/or ISO 27001 assessment reports for risk and risk mitigation evaluation.
- Knowledge of IT risks and controls, concepts, audit methodology, practices, and procedures.
- Awareness of prevailing IT risk management and cybersecurity risk management standards (COBIT, NIST CSF, ISO, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience assessing core IT infrastructure platforms (z/OS, OS/400, Windows, UNIX/Linux, Oracle, SQL) and/or IT infrastructure / network components (domain controllers, firewalls, routers, IDS/IPS, etc.).
- Understanding of cloud platforms, Azure and AWS and corresponding technologies is a plus.
- Excellent project management, time management, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in individual (remote) and team settings with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated with ability to complete assignments within time constraints and budgets.
- Professional interpersonal skills with a dedication to superior client service.
- Has legal status to work in the United States.
Job Type: Contract
- IT auditing: 3 years (Required)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (Required)
- CISSP (Preferred)
Resume Submission Information:
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to James Gowins: email@example.com