Join a dynamic group of insurance regulatory consultants with a mission of assisting state insurance departments in the insurance regulation arena. The Financial Examiner will primarily perform financial examinations and other regulatory consulting services for state insurance departments or other state agencies. This position is generally remote, but must be willing to travel to a company location as required by an insurance department.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform risk-focused financial examinations to determine solvency and compliance. Review and evaluate control environments for insurance companies.
- Conduct interviews of insurance company management teams to evaluate corporate governance.
- Perform reviews of examination work papers and evaluate insurance company operations.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, exhibits, and other supporting schedules that detail a company’s solvency, condition and compliance with laws and regulations, and recommend solutions to questionable financial conditions.
- Responsible for timely submission of draft reports for supervisory review.
- Provide knowledge and guidance of insurance laws, rules, and regulations.
- Review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in order to interpret their meaning and determine impact to the company.
- Analyze financial operating statements, reports, and records relating to specific and overall operations of insurance companies; prepare and supervise writing of clear, complete, concise, and informative reports of financial conditions of insurance companies and health care organizations.
- Consistently enhance knowledge of: principles, practices, techniques, and methods of accounting and auditing; insurance examination and regulation; insurance laws and Insurance Commissioner’s rulings; and related Attorney General opinions and court decisions; insurance company practices; statistical sampling procedures; basic actuarial mathematics; principles and practice of effective supervision, insurance companies and health care organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience as an accountant, auditor or examiner with a state insurance department or a public accounting firm or as an accountant, internal or external auditor or examiner of insurance companies, banks, or State or Federal agencies.
- Insurance industry experience is a must.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) AND/OR Certified Financial Examiner (CFE), or Accredited Financial Examiner (AFE) is required – and in good standing with applicable nationally recognized organization.
- PC skills, including experience in using software for producing presentations, spreadsheets, and project planning (skilled in TeamMate, ACL/Access, MS Office and Adobe Acrobat PDF)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and examination/audit skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments using effective time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Dynamic/flexible demeanor with exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated, work well independently and possess a sense of urgency.
- Skilled in team building and team development.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional standards.
Resume Submission Information:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to email@example.com