The Market Conduct Sr. Examiner will perform comprehensive and targeted Market Conduct Examinations with a focus on conducting underwriting and rating reviews in accordance with the procedures and processes developed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Market Regulation Handbook (MRH), Examination Resources, LLC (ER), contracting states, and the federal government, as applicable.
- Review Property/Casualty underwriting and rating records to ensure compliance with company’s procedures and state regulations.
- The ability to verify the accuracy of premiums charged by manually rating all aspects of personal and commercial lines policies.
- Perform detailed reviews of examination review areas; follow-up on all review notes provided by the Examiner-in-Charge.
- Ability to quickly learn various underwriting and rating systems.
- Ensure accurate and organized work papers are prepared in accordance with the instructions provided in the NAIC Market Regulation Handbook and procedures of state and federal government, as applicable.
- Obtain continuing education, as required, for all credentials and designations.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in Property/Casualty Lines of Business.
- Three+ years underwriting and rating, regulatory or compliance experience.
- MCM designation.
- While limited travel may be necessary for some engagements, neither travel or relocation is required to be considered.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat PDF.
Other insurance industry designations such as CIE, AIE, AMCM, FLMI, CPCU, CLU, CCP, ARC, AIAF, or ARM.
Who Should Apply:
- Assistant Underwriters
- Insurance Account Managers
- Policy raters
- P&C Agents
- Internal Audit Professionals
- Compliance Professionals
Resume Submission Information:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to CraigLeonard@examresources.net