Examiner-in-Charge – Market Conduct (Property and Casualty, Life and Annuity)
The Market Conduct Examiner-in-Charge will ensure the successful completion of comprehensive and targeted Market Conduct Examinations in accordance with the procedures and processes developed by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ (NAIC) Market Regulation Handbook (MRH), Examination Resources, LLC (ER), contracting states, and the federal government, as applicable.
- Oversee work streams and staff; maintain exam/project schedule.
- Supervise multiple examiners and staff; provide guidance and assistance as needed.
- Ensure accurate and organized work papers are prepared in accordance with the instructions provided in the NAIC Market Regulation Handbook and procedures of state and federal government, as applicable.
- Complete detailed reviews of examination work papers, as the exam is being completed; follow-up on all review notes and ensure they are cleared by staff.
- Provide input on performance for those staff members supervised.
- Analyze data through the use of ACL in order to select samples, extract information and create reports, as applicable to the examination/project.
- Obtain continuing education, as required, for all credentials and designations.
Strong knowledge of and experience in Property/Casualty or Life/Annuity Lines of Business as well as:
- Five+ years regulatory or compliance experience.
- CIE designation.
- AMCM or MCM designation.
- Prior EIC experience and experience leading teams.
- Ability to travel up to 50% on a sporadic basis. (Relocation is not required.)
- Moderate to extensive experience with examination software TeamMate and ACL.
- College degree, or equivalent experience required: in-depth knowledge of standards and processes in the NAIC’s Market Regulation Handbook.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- Other insurance industry designations such as FLMI, CPCU, CLU, CCP, ARC, AIAF, or ARM.
Who Should Apply:
- Senior Examiners
- Compliance Professionals
Resume Submission Information:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to CraigLeonard@examresources.net
- Current resume.
- A detailed letter of interest describing your skills and experience as they relate to the qualifications outlined in this job announcement.
The Right Fit:
Join a dynamic group of insurance regulatory consultants with a mission of protecting consumers. This role is remote but everything our team does is connected. This position will require an ability to work both very independently and as a team player; your communication style is curious, candid, and direct; you have a sense of urgency and will act promptly to respond to issues that arise and deadlines that change, and; you enjoy finding opportunities to create efficiencies to ensure the best delivery of services to our customers.
#insurance #ACA #MHPAEA #EIC #health #compliance #ER #NAIC #marketconduct #remote #CIE